Monday 14 May 2012


Today is THE Day

Every time the season changes, there is a special day.  I call it THE  day.  The official day when, in my eyes, the season has turned.  It has nothing to do with the date on the calendar and everything to do with my senses.  Today is that day.  Spring is here in all its glory.  As I lay in my hammock this morning in the backyard, drinking my morning tea, I noticed that for the first time this season, all the trees officially have leaves.  Yesterday they didn’t, today they do.  Today is THE day.  My lilac bushes bloomed today.  I can smell them in the house when the breeze blows.  The sky is the most astounding shade of blue without a cloud in sight.  There is a grackle and dove and a robin all sharing a tree right in front of me. 

Holy S**t!!!!  A bumble bee the size of a hummingbird just flew right past my head!  Today is definitely THE day.

The colours are amazing.   The green leaves against the blue sky.  There are dark green pine boughs and bright white apple blossoms on my neighbor’s trees.  There is a red maple peeking over from another neighbor’s yard and I have light and dark purple lilacs popping open all over.  There is also the slightly disturbing smell of skunk.  Apparently someone has woken from hibernation; after all, today is THE day.

I am so blessed to be able to actually enjoy this day outside.  I know most people are stuck at work looking longingly out the window.  Well, you have two fifteen minutes breaks and your lunch hour.  Skip the cafeteria today and find a nice shady spot under a tree.  You will not regret it.  After all, there is only one “THE” day per season.  Don’t miss this one!

Michy

No comments:

Post a Comment