Thursday 17 May 2012

Oh Damn.

Oh man.  This totally sucks.  You know how sometimes you have this big thing you need to do, but you really don't want to do it and you have this great excuse for why you can't do it right now.  I had that.  Until yesterday.  I have this big problem that I have to deal with.  Really big. It's called losing weight and getting in shape.  And I had this really great excuse for not doing it.  I lost my exercise video, (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred).  There was just no way I could get in shape without it.  And if I couldn't work out, there was no point in eating well, right?  It was the perfect excuse.  And then whadda ya know, I was searching through my complete MacGyver DVD collection and what did I find?  Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  Damn.

It's not that I don't like exercise.  I love it.  I love what lifting weights can do for your muscles and what cardio can do for your heart.  I find it all very fascinating, from a scientific point of view.  I just don't like actually doing the said exercising.  That part I find very painful and sweaty.  You'd never know from looking at my 5' 1", 180 pound frame that I have a nearly encyclopedic knowledge of fitness and nutrition.  I have more books on this subject than any other.  I subscribe to Oxygen magazine for heavens sake!

I have a very clear image in my mind of how I want to look and what I want to feel like, I just can't seem to follow my own advice.  I will be having a great day; protein smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch, fruit for snack and some nice vegan rice and beans for dinner, then I'll top it all off by eating four scoops of ice cream with peanut butter cups and caramel syrup drizzled on top. (Hmm.  I wonder if we have any more of that?).  How can anyone with my amount of knowledge eat M&M cookies for breakfast, chocolate covered almonds for lunch and pizza for dinner. What. The. Hell?

Well.  It would appear that my zen for MacGyver has finally done me in.  No more excuse.  The video has been found.  Let the agony begin, and believe me, if I'm going through this pain, I will not be wasting it by eating crap.  At least that's the plan.  At the very least this should make for some amusing posts!

Michy

No comments:

Post a Comment