Tuesday 15 May 2012

Ode to Mr. Bumblebee

I was cleaning out my garage today and this bumblebee the size of a Volkswagen kept flying in and out and in and out.  About 8 times he almost flew into my face.  I have composed the following poem to mark the occasion. 


Hello Mr. Bumblebee

Hello Mr. Bumblebee
You scare me half to death
When you fly so close to me
That I can smell your breath.

Hey there Mr. Bumblebee
You’re just not playing fair
When you buzz and flap your wings
And wiz right past my hair.

Whoa Mr. Bumblebee
Flying at my nose
You’d better take a hike my friend
Before I get the hose.

OK Mr. Bublebee
Flying round my face
If you don’t back off a bit
I’m gonna get my mace.

All right Mr. Bumblebee
I’ve really had enough
If you don’t leave me alone
I’ll get the hornet stuff.

Listen Mr. Bumblebee
My temper’s getting hotter
If you don’t back off a bit
I’ll get the flippin swatter.

Really Mr. Bumblebee
You must not understand
If you fly too close to me
I’ll smack you with my hand.

That’s enough Mr. Bumblebee
I’ve had it up to hear
I jump and scream and holler
Every time that you come near

Darn it Mr. Bumblebee
I’m sure that you’re a winner
But give me one more fly by
And I’ll cook you for my dinner!

Where are you Mr. Bumblebee
My ovens on full power
Oh, now that I am done outside
You go a find a flower!

Michy

No comments:

Post a Comment