Saturday 19 May 2012

My Super Secret Celebrity Crush


So, I was out with the gals tonight and the subject of celebrity crushes came up.  Everyone has one, and it doesn't mean that you don't think your husband or wife is up to snuff, it's just wistful fantasy stuff. It's more the characters that we crush over I think.  In truth if we met some of these people we would probably find them to be obnoxious, egotistical jerks, (albeit remarkably good looking ones).

So what makes a really great celebrity crush?  They have to be attractive, but that is not the same as good looking (think Benicio Del-Torro).  They have to be funny, (think Matthew McConaughey, but not so much Jim Carrey).  Personally I like muscles.  Channing Tatum got a lot of votes among my friends.  I don't know.  I think, sadly, he may be too young for us.  Personally, I am currently crushing over Joe Manganiello, (Alcide the werewolf on Trueblood).

Hello Joe!

Holy cow!  The things I would do to that man would make 50 Shade of Grey look like a children's book.  BUT, he is not my Super Secret Celebrity Crush.  He's kind of a, "Well duh!", sort of crush.

There is one, special man however, whom, if I were single and he were single and he lived in my city, I would stalk like a cougar after a gazelle.  If I am ever sad or angry or bored, I can put on his music and I will be laughing and dancing within minutes.  He speaks to my inner comedienne and my inner geek and I adore him.  I am, of course, speaking about Weird Al Yankovic.

Weird Al & his accordion

Go ahead, say what you will, but I have had a love/love relationship (albeit very one sided), with Weird Al for as long as I can remember.  The man is a musical and comedic genius and also a really nice guy.  What more could you ask for??  Well, I mean if you're strictly looking for big muscles, he might not be your first choice, but hey, that accordion weighs a lot!  And who doesn't like a head full of thick, wavy hair, hhmmmm?  And women are always saying, "I just want to meet a nice guy who can make me laugh".  Well hellloooo.  Have you listened to Straight Outta Lynwood?

So there you have it.  My Super Secret Celebrity Crush.  I guess it's not a secret anymore.  Once I figure out how to enable everyone to comment on these blog posts, please fill me in on your opinion and share your celebrity crush, so I can tell you how your wrong and Weird Al is better.

Michy

No comments:

Post a Comment