Wednesday 4 July 2012

Will's 6th Birthday


Ok, this is just too cute not to share.  William just turned six.  For two months his father and I have been asking him what he wanted for his birthday.  If he was anything like his brother he would have asked for an ipad or a Nintendo DS or a new bike or something like that.  But, he is nothing like his brother, and the only thing he wanted for his birthday, was a "stuffy".  A big stuffed animal.  That's it.

Well, wish granted.  We got that boy the biggest, fluffiest, softiess stuffed animal we could find.  A massive teddy bear from Costco.  It's about the size (and shape) of Daddy.

Now, I couldn't just wrap him up like any old birthday present.  No, no, I had a better idea.  I put a huge bow on him and a note that said "Happy Birthday William",and placed him on the end of Will's bed after he fell asleep for the night.


Now, personally, if I woke up and saw this big fella on my bed first thing in the morning, I'd scream my head off.  But not Will.  He came in to my room and gave me the biggest, sweetest Birthday Boy hug ever and said, "I love my present".  And he does.  He named his bear Francis because I told him that he was the same size as Francis, the teenage boy next door.  And this is how Will sleeps now.  Giving over 2/3 of his bed to his favorite birthday present ever!



Michy

1 comment:

  1. That is cute! You surprised me with the teenage neighbour though. I was sure he named him after the bear in the children's books!

    ReplyDelete