Tuesday 10 May 2016

It's Garden Season!!!!!

Sooo excited folks!  The sun is shining in my little corner of Canada.  The breeze is warm.  The frogs and birds are chirping.  Ahhhhh!  Best of all, I spotted my favorite sign of spring the other day.   Yes, they pop up all over this time of year.  The Garden Centre at the supermarket.  Yeah!  It's garden season!!!!

Last year I spent considerable time and energy on my flower gardens, trying to identify and move around everything the previous homeowners left in my flower beds.  This year though, the truly exciting gardening project begins.  My veggie garden!!

So here it is . . .



We went with a raised be design because our property sits smack on a huge slab of the Canadian Shield.  We have about an inch of soil on top of a huge slab of rock.  So, raised bed it is.  My hubby and I came up with the design after a good search through Pinterest.  He says it looks like a giant pair of Minecraft pants.  I can't disagree.  It's 16' x 12' and the bed is 4' wide so a shrimp like me can harvest easily.  ERMAGERD I am so stoked!!

So, what's on the menu??  Stuff we like to eat of course!  Tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, sugar snap peas, zucchini, summer squash, romaine lettuce, arugula, green peppers and herbs, basil, parsley, cilantro, thyme and oregano.  I also have two potato towers.  One for me and one for my eldest son who plans to harvest his potatoes and sell them at the end of the driveway.  Such a little entrepreneur! If I find I have room I may add a couple other things, but for now, this is the plan.

Stay tuned for updates on the planting, growing and harvesting process!

Michy

No comments:

Post a Comment