Saturday 5 April 2014

Update

Well.  I guess I'm not the most consistent blogger in the world.  It's been how long since my last post??  Geeze, feels like Confession!

So what's been going on?  Well, I'm older, heavier and grayer.  I am happy, happy, happy, (except for those times when I am a psycho she-devil).  My oldest just turned 10.  We are nearing the end of the "Never Ending Winter".  I've got some wicked new tattoos (no, it's not a mid-life crisis).  It's the beginning of the month so I have yet another new plan for getting in shape.  Basically, things are swimming right along!

Alex just turned 10.  10!!!!!  The double digits!  As on every birthday, I had to pull out "The Album".  I remember the day he came home from the hospital.  He was so tiny, so sweet, and he couldn't talk back yet!


I do make good babies!

Time flies by so fast!  I asked Alex the other day if he realized that in the next 10 years he would become a "man".  That's right.  In the same amount of time that just passed he will be full grown.  Tall, hairy, probably with a girlfriend.  Sigh!  That's when 7 year old Will piped in with his comment, "I hope when my puberty sprout hits that it won't hurt.  I don't like growing pains"!  Hopefully they will continue to keep me in the loop on such matters.  I would hate for my boys to think that they couldn't discuss these types of personal issues with their mother.

I believe there is finally hope that winter is on the way out.  This has been, by far, the coldest and longest winter I can remember.  It. Sucked.  Spring is on the way and it has ushered in the annual poop count.  Yes, as the snow melts it reveals layer upon layer of little presents my dogs have left all winter long.  This years contribution has been somewhat astonishing.  Unfortunately my pooper scooper is still buried in the snow somewhere, so the exciting chore of clean up will have to wait a few days more.  I am already dreaming of warm summer days lounging in my hammock.  Ahhhhh!

And, I got some ink.  Yes, at the ripe old age of thirtysaaskflnje, I finally decided what I would like to endure the agonizing pain of the tattoo needle to have permanently emblazoned on my tender flesh.  


Exhibit "A" This is not just Eeyore, but Alex's Eeyore which many of you will know is his most beloved and cherished belonging.  Just like Alex's Eeyore this one is covered in bald patched and has no mane and his tail is held on with a safety pin.  The designs around him are the designs from William's "Big Blankie", his most beloved and cherished item.  When I look at the tattoo I am looking at my babies.  I love it!


This one is a quote from my favorite poem, Footprints in the Sand.  If you're not familiar with it, Google it!  This poem defines my relationship with God/Jesus.  I feel strengthened every time I look at it.

Now, somebody once told me that getting a tattoo feels sort of like an extended mosquito bite.  Well, I can tell you, that person was a LIAR!!!!!  It is so freaking painful!!  A more accurate description is to envision somebody carving up your arm with an Exacto knife.  For an hour.  I curled my toes up so much that they almost popped through the bottom of my boots! Now, if anyone is in the mood, my tattoo artist was the lovely and talented Tara Timoon at New Moon tattoo in Orleans.

Well.  That is all I have for now.  It's Birthday Party Day for Alex and I must go and tidy my house so the kids can tear it all apart today.  I promise to keep this blog more up to date.  Promise!

Michy


No comments:

Post a Comment